I'M BACK!!!!!!! Seriously sorry for being MIA for about five months.... Life has been crazy.
Actually, crazy is a ridiculous understatement... Life has been bonkers! Bonkers awesome that is. What have I been doing, you ask? Well... SO MANY THINGS. I'll recap it month by month.
1. Went to the Cayman Islands for work! I got to scuba dive and collect coral with the Department of Environment. This was my second trip to the Caymans for work and it was even better than the first! Got a little homesick at one point though... That always happens to me. I’m such a homebody.
2. Literally two days after I got back from the Caymans, I flew to New York City to see my Tom Brady!!! I was in NYC Saturday through Monday and it was such an amazing and fun-filled trip… I even got ENGAGED. BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!!!!!! Check out below for how Tom proposed!! While in NYC we did SO MANY FUN THINGS like... went to The Met (I pretended to be from Gossip Girl haha), visited Mood and met Swatch, toured R/GA (where SkySpecs worked all four months), found the coolest taco restaurant (Cascabel Taqueria) that served some bomb-diggity margaritas, ate the best bagels I've ever had at H&H Bagels, got a peak of Conde Nast at One World Trade Center, strolled through Central Park, took selfies on the subway plus hung out and sipped on champagne in the Tiffany & Co. Holiday Suite at the top of their flagship store on 5th Avenue!! Best trip EVER!!!!!!!!!!
3. Celebrated Christmas and getting engaged with all my and Tom's family! We even flew to Louisiana to visit mom, step dad, brother and sister!
4. Tom and I traveled to Chicago to celebrate New Years Eve with lots of our best friends! It was fun to hang out and party with everyone!
1. Tom Brady went back to NYC and I started wedding planning! OMG wedding planning is ridiculous and there are SO MANY THINGS TO DO. We are getting married September 19, 2015 (YES... THIS YEAR!!!)
2. I asked friends and family members to be my bridesmaids and it was super exciting!
1. My mom, sister and aunt came into town and I said YES TO THE DRESS. Dress shopping was super fun but also overwhelming. There are so many dress options!!! No pictures for that here - you'll have to wait until September :)
2. I flew to NYC to attend R/GA Demo Day, which was the final day of Tom/SkySpecs' program in NYC. All the companies in Tech Stars pitched to a room full of family, friends and investors (#intimidating). Demo day went super well!! Days one and two in NYC were super fun but then we had to pack the boys up and U-HAUL it back to Michigan. Tom and I stopped in Pittsburgh on Valentine's Day to explore the city and have some fun! The road-trip was a blast and it was so AWESOME getting Tom back!!!
3. Montana's birthday!!! My sweet puppy is now 9... She needs to stop getting older!!
4. My birthday!!! I turned the ripe old age of 26 on February 21st! We had lots of champagne and Tom got me a new camera bag!
1. More and more wedding planning... Things are really coming together and it's super exciting!
2. Went to Chicago for St. Patty's Day and drank green beer with some of our besties!
3. Tom's birthday!!! He is now 26 too!!
1. Golfing, paint and pour with some of my wonderful co-workers, trivia with those same awesome co-workers, blackberry margaritas, dinner parties with friends plus my favorite new cocktail... Blackberry elderflower fizz (coming to the blog soon)!!!!!
2. More, more and more wedding planning... We are finally at a less busy point right now and I'M SUPER HAPPY ABOUT THAT > hence the reason I'm BACK.
1. Pie making and craft beer drinking :)
Thanks for staying with me. Below is a summary of how Tom proposed if you're interested! Stay tuned for a new recipes starting soon. Love y'all!
Written by: Tom Brady
Tom and Adrienne started dating in August of 2010. Four years after their first date, Tom's company, SkySpecs was accepted into the TechStars R/GA Accelerator in New York City. For the program, Tom had to spend four months in downtown Manhattan from October 2014 through February 2015. Adrienne visited New York City for the first time during the program on December 13, 2014...
December 13th was spent touring One World Trade, checking out a few local watering holes, catching up with friends, and eating some excellent food at the Spotted Pig in West Village. Adrienne, being a bit anal when it come to planning, insisted that they come up with a schedule for the following day. Little did she know, the day had already been laid out for her.
Throughout Sunday, Adrienne was told that Tom had planned a special day for her to thank her for being so understanding of the four months of long distance that the TechStars program required them to go through. The day started with a walk through Central Park, which eventually landed the couple at Loeb Boathouse -- a restaurant that is home to some seriously serious french toast. At the end of breakfast, Tom asked Adrienne if she wanted to know what was next on the agenda. Adrienne, being quite fond of surprises, was excited to find out. Tom pulled out tickets to go see Wicked at the Gershwin Theater on Broadway. A Broadway show is a great excuse to dress up, so Tom first took Adrienne to get a new dress on Fifth Ave and left her plenty of time to get ready. Of all the fun things throughout the day, I think she most appreciated having a whole hour to get ready for the show =).
The show was unbelievable. Neither Tom nor Adrienne had ever seen anything quite like it. By the end of the show, it was nearing dinner time and they headed over to One if by Land, Two if by Sea in West Village (a popular spot throughout the weekend, it seems). They both had lobster risotto, which didn't disappoint. As it turns out, dinner almost blew Tom's cover. The engagement ring was in a box in Tom's coat pocket, which the hostess insisted on taking to the coat room. Tom's coat (and the ring!) sat in the coat room all throughout dinner. Cover was almost blown when Adrienne went and retrieved both of our coats from the coat check. Fortunately she didn't notice the lump in Tom's coat.
After dinner, Tom had "one final stop" planned for the day -- one of his favorite views in Manhattan, in the area known as Dumbo (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass). The pier in Dumbo looks out over the East River and presents a pretty magnificent view of the entire city skyline. While Adrienne was admiring the view, taking selfies and whatnot, Tom retrieved the ring from his pocket and popped the question.
Although it took Adrienne a solid 15 seconds to actually reply (due to jumping up and down and realizing what was actually happening -- she had been waiting for quite some time after all), she did say YES!
After Adrienne made all the relevant phone calls to Mom and sister et al, Tom asked Adrienne if she wanted to go grab a cocktail to celebrate. Adrienne doesn't turn down a cocktail, so they headed over to The Bridges, a bar near the pier. There waiting for them was all the guys from SkySpecs and a couple friends from town. The bar applauded when Tom and Adrienne arrived and the whole crew partied the night away.