Crack in brussels sprouts form this time y’all!!!!!
Before we jump into the recipe, let’s talk about how you spell brussels sprouts for a hot second here… I always want to call them brussel sprouts but they are REALLY called brussels sprouts. That extra s gets me every time…
I CANNOT GET ENOUGH. I really understand why she calls it crack. The combination of a crispy roasted vegetable with olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, sea salt, lemon juice and zest, toasted almonds, and Parmesan cheese is UNDENIABLE. Have you tried it yet?! Seriously, you must. I think I may try crack asparagus next or maybe crack zucchini?! The crack vegetable possibilities are ENDLESS.
You’ll notice though, that I left the Parmesan cheese off this particular batch of crack brussels sprouts and that’s because I was eating them alone (aka no Tom) so I left off the cheese. They were still super delicious but definitely better with the cheese. GO with the cheese, always.
Okay, recipe time! Not that you really need a recipe for this dish but just in case… I wrote one for you 🙂
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes + extra for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons sliced raw almonds
- juice of half a lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- zest of half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 475F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and sea salt. Add trimmed and halved brussels sprouts to the bowl then toss to coat. Arrange on the aluminum foil lined baking sheet so nothing overlaps then roast for about 10 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven, toss the brussels sprouts then sprinkle with sliced almonds. Roast for another 8-10 minutes or until brussels sprouts are crispy and slightly caramelized and the almonds are toasted. Transfer roasted brussels sprouts and toasted almonds to a large bowl, toss with lemon juice and Parmesan cheese. Garnish with lemon zest and extra red pepper flakes. EAT YOUR HEART OUT.
Inspired by A Beautiful Plate.
HELLO FRIDAY. I mean FRIYAYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
Got any awesome plans for this weekend?!
Tonight I’m picking Tom up from the airport (and maybe going to grab some beers… one of our favorite things to do ha) then tomorrow we are going to Three Rivers, Michigan (Tom’s hometown) for his 10 year high school reunion tehehe. Should be interesting 🙂
p.s.s. I posted FOUR RECIPES THIS WEEK. Told y’all I’d make up for being ever so slightly MIA for the first two weeks of August 🙂