Roasted truffle chickpeas… gimme more!!!!!!!!!!
Guys, these are seriously my new favorite snack obsession. So crispy and salty and truffle-y and amazingly ADDICTIVE!
A few years ago when I was in New York, Tom and I randomly popped into this adorable bar in West Village (no clue what the name is… insert sad face here) that served these amazing spicy roasted chickpeas as “bar nuts” plus some bomb ass cocktails. These spicy roasted chickpea “bar nuts” were SO GOOD that I’ve never forgotten about them like 3 years later… they’ve honestly been on my to cook list since then, so the other week I made a version of the spicy roasted chickpeas plus a truffle variation. The spicy chickpeas were great but the truffle version?!
Truffle anything and you’ve got my attention… but the crispy outer texture of the roasted chickpeas plus the soft insides all smothered in truffle oil and salt?! OMG heavennnnn.
They are the perfect snack for parties, game nights, just sitting at home by yourself, tailgates (like for the Michigan vs Michigan State game this weekend… GO BLUE), etc!
Did I mention how easy these are to make?!
Seriously. That’s IT. (side note: have y’all seen the new IT movie?! I need to ASAP.)
Three ingredients plus 45 minutes and you’ve got yourself some freaking delicious roasted truffle chickpeas.
This exact recipe yields 3 1/2 cups, which is enough for like 2-3 people… if making for a party/tailgate, I’d triple/quadruple it or more so you have enough for everyone!
- 2 (15oz) cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 tablespoons truffle oil
- 1 teaspoon truffle salt + extra for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together drained and rinsed chickpeas and truffle oil. Pour chickpeas out on parchment paper lined baking sheet then spread them out evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle one teaspoon truffle salt over them the roast for 35-45 minutes or until chickpeas are crispy and golden, tossing a few times during cooking.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle with a little extra truffle salt, and serve!
Clearly, we survived our hiking/camping adventure! I posted some pictures on Instagram, if you want to see a snapshot of our trip. It was seriously such an amazing weekend!!!!
Also, yestserday I went into Lowes and got some new fake tile backgrounds for food photography! I’m super excited to play around with those new backgrounds this week/weekend 🙂
Happy Tuesday foodie friends!
p.s. more snack/appetizer options here!
p.p.s. I forgot how much I love these mini pretzel dogs… you should totally make these sometime!