I present to you my less than 10 ingredient + 30 minute pumpkin fettuccine alfredo… and it’s AMAZING.
Along with tasting amazing… this pumpkin fettuccine alfredo is the ideal fall weeknight dinner meal! I mean less than 10 ingredients and only 30 minutes… can it get better than that?!
I originally planned to share this recipe next week, but I posted a sneak peak of it on Instagram and Facebook Monday night and it blew up… y’all really wanted this recipe SO I decided to move it up on the editorial calendar and release it TODAY. Woohoo, lucky for you guys 🙂
Seriously though, I freaking love it when y’all tell me what kinds of recipes you want or when you express interest in a certain recipe. It makes me feel like I’m getting something right! I’ve definitely heard that y’all need quick and easy dinner options SO I have ton of recipes lined up for that. GET READY.
Okay okay, back to THIS pumpkin fettuccine alfredo… it’s crazy creamy and delicious plus quick and easy to make… need I say more?!
Ohhhh wait… there IS more: this pumpkin fettuccine alfredo can totally be dairy free for those of you who are like me! I’ve included ingredients to make this dairy free or full of dairy, whichever works for you!
NOW let’s discuss the awesome fettuccine noodles I used in this recipe. Al Dente Pasta Company is a local company started by my parent’s really good friend, Monique Deschaine. While many big chain pasta makers extrude their pasta in order to speed production, Al Dente uses the time-honored tradition of rolling out its pasta dough. Their rolled out, small batch pasta sets them apart from the large companies and gives their pasta its unique homemade taste and texture. SO because they only roll out their pasta, they only sell flat pastas: fettuccine, pappardelle, and linguine! You guys, their pasta is seriously SO GOOD.
I used the egg fettuccine noodles for this recipe, however, you could totally make these gluten free by using Al Dente’s gluten free pasta spirals!
OH and did I mention that all of Al Dente’s pasta cook in JUST 3 MINUTES?! Whaaa?? I know, super awesome. In the making of Al Dente pasta, the process of rolling the dough into large sheets makes their pasta have a delicious homemade texture along with thin, fast-cooking noodles.
In addition to fast cooking time and gluten free noodles, I should mention that they also sell vegan noodles (YAY) and like a bajillion delicious flavors of their normal fettuccine, pappardelle, and linguine noodles.
SO MANY WINS HERE GUYS. SO.MANY.WINS.
p.s. this post is 100% not sponsored by Al Dente – I’ve just grown up eating this stuff and it’s amazing and I JUST LOVE IT.
- 12oz fettuccine noodles (sub gluten free or vegan noodles if needed)
- 2 tablespoons butter (sub coconut oil if dairy free/vegan)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 cups 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream (sub coconut cream if dairy free/vegan)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (sub nutritional yeast if dairy free/vegan) + extra for serving
- healthy pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- optional: 1-2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped (for garnish)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- In a large skillet, heat butter (or oil) over medium heat until melted and hot. Add minced garlic and sauté until golden and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Whisk in the pumpkin puree and heavy cream (or coco cream). Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, then let cook 15-20 minutes to thicken, whisking occasionally.
- While the pumpkin sauce is thickening, cook your fettuccine according to the package instructions using the water that is hopefully boiling from step one. Drain the pasta then set aside (pro tip: throw a little oil or butter in with the drained noodles so they don’t stick to each other or the pot/colander).
- Once the pumpkin sauce from step two has thickened, stir in the parmesan cheese (or nutritional yeast) plus a healthy pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Stir in the cooked fettuccine then toss to coat and mix everything together.
- Assemble: Divide pumpkin fettuccine alfredo into bowls, top with extra parmesan cheese plus fresh chopped rosemary if you so desire then ENJOY.
p.s. more quick and easy weeknight dinner options here!