Friendsgiving/Thanksgiving recipe #2 today!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU PUMPED?!
You should be because we have pumpkin pecan blondies!!! Now, I’m totally partial the blondie because you know… I’m a blonde BUT they are also extra delicious (#waybetterthanbrownies). Especially these ones because they are made with pumpkin pecan butter!
Pumpkin pecan butter?! I KNOW. Let me tell you about it yo!
- Toast pecans
- Puree toasted pecans with maple syrup and pumkpin puree into “butter”
- Try to resist eating it all before adding to batter (this step is VERY difficult lol)
We take this fabulous pumpkin pecan butter and mix it together with brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, almond flour, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips! THEN smush the batter into a square baking dish, top with extra chocolate chips and toasted pecans and finally, bake it into some delicious blondies!
pumpkin pecan blondies
- 2 3/4 cups toasted pecan halves, divided (if your pecans are raw – toast them on a baking sheet in the oven at 350F for about 8 minutes)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (double check that yours is gluten free if needed, not all kinds are)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven 350F. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
Add 2 1/2 cups of toasted pecans, maple syrup, and pumpkin puree to a high-speed blender or food processor then blend until completely smooth (about 5 minutes), scraping down the sides as needed.
- In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Next, stir in almond flour, baking soda, and salt until well combined. Finally, stir in the pumpkin pecan butter and 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Add batter to the baking pan with parchment paper from step one. Smooth out using a rubber spatula. Top batter with remaining 1/4 cup of toasted pecans and 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-27 minutes or until golden brown. Let blondies cool about 15 minutes in the pan before removing and slicing.
Today is my “Monday” since I’ve been out of commission since Sunday with what I believe was the flu booo. Feeling somewhat better today! Not 100% better but a girls gotta get her work done!! Especially since I’m flying to Washington, D.C. this Friday to hang out with friends and attend the Michigan vs Maryland football. GO BLUE! Hope you guys are having a good start to the week 🙂
p.s. if you are into brownies… might I suggest these AMAZING chewy sea salt and caramel olive oil brownies!