Are you a fan of the slow cooker?
I need to know your thoughts. Personally, I LOVE MINE. It’s so nice to come home to dinner that is uh… ALREADY DONE. Score. I especially love using my slow cooker in the winter because it’s usually already dark when I get home. I also love using it in the summer since you get a hot meal without having to turn the oven on in the heat. Okay… maybe I like using it all year long ha!
Another important question… do you have an instant pot?! If you do, let me know in the comments what you love and/or hate about it!? So far from the internet I’ve heard only good things. I’M SO CURIOUS.
OKAY back to this slow cooker bacon-wrapped apple BBQ chicken. Y’all… IT’S SO EASY. And only requires FIVE INGREDIENTS (well technically seven if you count the rice I served it over and the parsley I used as garnish). But still, that’s like almost no ingredients. We’ve got boneless skinless chicken breast, bacon, apples, BBQ sauce, and garlic powder. THAT’S IT.
OH and the flavor?! It’s so juicy, tender, bacon-y, apple-y, and BBQ-y. Basically all things wonderful and then some. I served mine over rice as you can see but you could totally serve this chicken with other sides like roasted veggies or some slaw! You do you.
slow cooker bacon-wrapped apple BBQ chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 2 lbs)
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 apples; peeled, cored, and cut into slices
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (gluten free if needed)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- optional for serving: cooked white rice OR roasted veggies OR slaw?!
- Wrap each piece of chicken with two bacon slices each then place them in a slow cooker (bacon end side down so the bacon stays put).
- Add peeled and cored apple slices plus BBQ sauce and garlic powder to a food processor then process until only very small chunks of apple remain (should be relatively smooth). Pour apple BBQ sauce over bacon wrapped chicken in the slow cooker then cook on low for 6-8 hours (or high for 3-4 hours). Serve over white rice or with roasted veggies and slaw.
GUESS WHAT? So if you follow me on InstaStories then you know I’ve currently been binging Gossip Girl on Netflix… and well… I FINISHED. Finally.
I CANNOT BELIEVE GOSSIP GIRL WAS DAN. I get it but I don’t like it. Whatever. Chuck and Blair forever. Happy Thursday 🙂
p.s. if you love the slow cooker, you totally need to try my tex-mex chicken quinoa soup!