I’m like 99% sure that the crostini is my favorite appetizer to make…
Actually, make that 99.999999999999999999999999% sure.
The possibilities are just endless with these little guys! You can top those little pieces of toasted french bread with SO MANY FLAVOR COMBINATIONS. It’s just so much fun!
These cranberry, walnut, and whipped goat cheese crostini are perfect for Christmas because they involve red dried cranberries and green thyme leaves plus the most creamy and delicious whipped goat cheese spread. What’s whipped goat cheese? Well I’ll tell you, it’s goat cheese and cream cheese pureed together in a food processor for several minutes yielding a beautifully creamy and whipped cheese spread. You’ll seriously love it. I’ve also used this whipped goat cheese on pizza/flatbread before and it’s amazing.
SO after we top our toasted pieces of bread with our awesome whipped goat cheese plus dried cranberries and chopped walnuts THEN we drizzle honey all over them and finish them off with a sprinkle of fresh thyme leaves. And voila! A beautiful Christmas colored and deliciously flavored holiday crostini!
cranberry, walnut, & whipped goat cheese crostini
- 1 (8 oz) baguette, sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz goat cheese, at room temp
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 (6 oz) bag dried cranberries
- 1/2-1 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- healthy pinch sea salt and black pepper
- honey for drizzling
- fresh thyme leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Brush the baguette slices with olive oil then toast them on a baking sheet in the oven for about 5-15 minutes, depending on how toasted/crispy you like your bread. I'm more of a "warmed bread" person so I only toasted mine for about 5 minutes. You do you though.
- Make whipped goat cheese: Add goat cheese and cream cheese to a food processor then pulse until smooth, about 3-5 minutes. You’ll probably need to scrape down the sides of the food processor every minute or so to cream the mixture evenly.
- Assemble: Using a butter knife, spread whipped goat cheese on the toasted baguette slices then top with a sprinkle of dried cranberries, chopped walnuts, and a healthy pinch sea salt and black pepper. Drizzle honey over top of crostini then top with fresh thyme leaves.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment or tag a photo #appetitesanonymous on instagram!! I’d love to see your cranberry, walnut, and whipped goat cheese crostini in action. Peace out, friends!
p.s. more appetizers recipes here.