FOUR INGREDIENT oreo peppermint truffles…
Do I need to say more?!
These are seriously the easiest holiday dessert you can make and EVERYONE (yes, everyone) will LOVE THEM. I made these for a little holiday game night we hosted and they disappeared before dinner…
SO what are the four simple ingredients for these oreo peppermint truffles?
White chocolate candy melts
Crushed candy canes or peppermint sprinkles
These oreo peppermint truffles are white chocolate coated truffles topped with crushed candy canes with pureed oreos and cream cheese inside. SO GOOD.
Hard white chocolate outside + soft oreo cream cheese inside = drooooooooooool (#math)
Recipe time? YEAH. Because it’s Friday and ain’t nobody got time for more chit chat.
oreo peppermint truffles
- 1 (15-16 oz) package of double stuffed oreos
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, at room temp
- 2 (12 oz) white chocolate candy melts
- 1 cup crushed candy canes or peppermint crunch sprinkles
- In a food processor, pulse the oreos for 2 to 3 minutes until everything is finely ground. Add the cream cheese and continue to pulse until fully combined. Transfer mixture from the food processor to a large bowl. Place bowl in the freezer for about 20 minutes to harden. Once the mixture is hard and not sticky, roll it into little 1-inch balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Stick the baking sheet in the freezer another 20 minutes to allow the balls to harden more.
Melt the white candy melts according to the package directions. Remove baking sheet from the freezer then dip the balls in white chocolate and transfer them back to the parchment paper lined baking sheet. While the white chocolate coating is still wet, sprinkle the crushed candy cane on top to garnish and then let the chocolate set and dry. Repeat until all the truffles are coated with white chocolate and sprinkled with crushed candy canes. To speed up the drying process, transfer the baking sheet into the freezer for 20 minutes. Once set, serve immediately or refrigerate the truffles and serve as needed. 🙂
Total time includes all cooling times.
Is your weekend full of holiday parties?! Ours definitely is! Two today and one tomorrow! Should be a good time. Have a great weekend!
p.s. need some holiday appetizer ideas?! see here!