And just like that… it’s 2018! Holy bananas.
p.s. sorry for being MIA for the past two weeks… I had every intention of blogging last week (I even had two more Christmas recipes plus a NYE cocktail… fail) but I was too busy having fun with family and friends.
You forgive me right?!
GOOD. Whew, thanks.
Are you into New Year’s Resolutions?! I love them. I know you can start fresh anytime of year but there is just something about January that makes me want to be extra awesome, healthy, organized, etc. I’m not too hard on myself though… my resolutions usually consist of easy-ish and attainable things that will hopefully make me a better person. See below!
Adrienne’s 2018 Resolutions:
1. Drink more water!
2. Change up my exercise routine (try some classes… maybe HIIT or orange theory?!)
3. Read 4 books… okay, I know this sounds so so lame but I’m sooooo bad about reading… if I start with a goal of one book each quarter, I think I can do it lol. Recommendations?!
4. Organize the house (basement, garage, kitchen, office, closets) by spring! I do this twice a year (spring and fall) and it really helps keep things tidy 🙂
5. Give less f**ks (yes, that is seriously one of my resolutions and I even wrote it on some pretty paper then stuck it to my bulletin board… it’s always a goal of mine to careless about what other people think and to stop sweating the small stuff SO I thought the resolution of giving less f**ks really embodied those two things). Word? 🙂
6. Keep blogging regularly and improve my food photography.
I also love the idea of picking a word to reflect on for the year rather than (or along with) resolutions. I think my word will be… grateful. I want to remember all year long to be grateful for all the amazing people in my life (including the best husband who makes me prouder everyday) because life is about family, friends, and love – not stuff.
OK question… did you make resolutions?! If so, is there maybe something in yours about be healthier or cooking at home more?! Because today’s recipe (quick chicken tikka masala) is healthy, delicious, and sooooooo quick. It will make your life easier and tastier. Good combo right?! RIGHT. Only 7 ingredients and 30 minutes woooo.
So what is chicken tikka masala? Let me tell you! It’s chunks of roasted chicken in a creamy spiced curry (tikka masala) sauce. I like eating mine on top of some cooked rice with chopped cilantro! The flavor is out of this world good. So much flavor in such little time!!! Trust me… you need to add this quick chicken tikka masala to your dinner plans for next week. Doooo it.
quick chicken tikka masala
- 1/2 cup masala sauce/paste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (14 oz) can lite coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups tomato puree
- 1 cup dry white rice, cooked according to package instructions
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped (garnish)
Heat masala paste in a large, deep skillet over medium heat for a couple minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sour cream and chicken chunks to the skillet, stir to combine, then sauté until the chicken is mostly cooked through. Next, stir in the coconut milk and tomato puree to the skillet with the chicken then simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until sauce has thickened up to your liking. Serve over cooked white rice with chopped cilantro as garnish! Enjoy 🙂
Guess what?! TODAY IS MY FIRST DAY AT MY NEW JOB OMG. Wish me luck!!!!
p.s. more easy dinner recipes here!!