Phyllo or fillo? That is the question.
The box I purchased said fillo cups but I prefer phyllo cups… so we’re going with that my friends. Any who, happy Wednesday foodies!
The first five days at my new job went SO GREAT. OMG I LOVE IT SO MUCH. Though, the days have ended up being pretty crazy with my new schedule. My work times are a little different now so I have to shift things around like when I work out, blog, cook dinner, etc. I’ll figure out the flow of things soon and then we’ll be back to smooth sailing. Until then, bear with me please 🙂
So today I’ve brought you a stupid easy and delicious appetizer… one of my favorites yet! All it is is flaky buttery phyllo cups stuffed with crumbled fatty and spicy italian sausage and melty white cheddar and THAT’S IT. SO GOOOOOOOD.
You must make these for your next together. I promise that ALL your guests will devour these bad boys.
italian sausage and white cheddar phyllo cups
- 30 frozen phyllo cups (2 packages of 15 - my packages were 1.9 oz each)
- 16 oz ground italian sausage
- 7 oz aged white cheddar, shredded
- healthy pinch sea salt
- 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 350F (or to whatever temperature your phyllo cup package says).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground italian sausage until cooked through and brown (aka no longer pink), about 5-7 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cooked italian sausage and shredded white cheddar cheese until fully incorporated (aka the cheese is melting into the sausage).
- Fill each phyllo cup with the sausage cheese mixture, arrange them on a baking sheet, then bake for about 10 minutes (or to whatever time your phyllo packaging instructs). Sprinkle sea salt and chopped chives over top of the stuffed and cooked phyllo cups then DEVOUR.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment or tag a photo #appetitesanonymous on instagram!! I’d love to see your italian sausage and white cheddar phyllo cups in action. Peace out, friends!
p.s. more easy appetizer recipes here!!