Buffalo chicken dip INSIDE an egg roll… hello fabulous!
MINI BAKED BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP EGG ROLLS… OMG. So. Freaking. Good.
Buffalo chicken dip is the quintessential tailgate/Super Bowl Sunday appetizer… so I decided let’s take this typical app to the next level. And by next level, I mean combining it with another amazing thing… the egg roll.
We’ve got shredded juicy chicken breast mixed together with Frank’s buffalo sauce, cream cheese, bleu cheese, and green onions rolled up in a wonton wrapper then baked into golden egg rolls of deliciousness.
Bake?! YEP. I know that egg rolls are normally fried BUT since the insides of these rolls aren’t that healthy (you know… with cheese x 2)… I decided to bake them so they were a little healthier plus baking is way easier and faster.
Attending a Super Bowl party this weekend?! Well… if so, you should totally make these. Your friends will love you for it. DO IT.
p.s. it’s okay if you don’t pay attention to the game, I go for the snacks too 😉
mini baked buffalo chicken dip egg rolls
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 tablespoons bleu cheese dressing + extra for dipping egg rolls in
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 bunch green onions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- healthy pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- about 40 mini wonton wrappers (I used a 12 oz pack)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, bleu cheese dressing, cream cheese, sliced green onions, sea salt, and black pepper then mix to combine until cheeses and buffalo sauce are evenly distributed with the chicken.
Fill a small bowl with water. Lay one wonton wrapper on a flat surface, top with a tablespoon of chicken mixture on the front third of the wrapper leaving a small border around the edges. Dip your finger in the water bowl then moisten the edges of the wrapper with water from your finger. Tuck in the sides of the wrapper then roll it shut. Lay on the parchment paper lined baking sheet seam side down. Continue with remaining chicken mixture and wonton wrappers. Bake egg rolls for 20-25 minutes or until golden and crispy.
Serve mini baked buffalo chicken dip egg rolls with extra bleu cheese dressing!
These are the wonton wrappers I bought 🙂
I’m deeming these mini baked buffalo chicken dip egg rolls this year’s Super Bowl MVPS… most valuable party snack tehehe. 🙂
p.s. more appetizer recipes here!!