Do you know how to correctly pronounce the word sriracha?
Don’t worry, you don’t need to be able to say it correctly in order to make these bomb-ass sriracha shrimp lettuce wraps.
p.s. I was saying it wrong for years…
See-Rah-Cha is correct.
Any who, however you say it, it’s freaking delicious. Definitely one of my favorite sauces of all time. I add it to so many dishes and it just adds a little somethin’ somethin’. When I was a kid, I ate scrambled eggs with ketchup but now I eat them with sriracha. So to me, it’s basically like adult ketchup.
I have a few things to say about these sriracha srhimp lettuce wraps…
- They are easy as bleep to make (like less than 30 minutes woo!).
- They’ve got some kick but not toooooo much kick.
- They are healthy and delicious! Like so much flavor…. YUM.
- You need them in your life ASAP.
- And finally… yes, you can swap the lettuce wraps for tortillas haha.
- Though, I may judge you.
- Just kidding.
- Or am I?!
Either way, you shouldn’t care if I judge you. It’s February… resolutions are out the window so you can make these into actual tacos. BUT if you’re still on the healthy train… go for the lettuce wraps! They are so fresh and crunchy and I just love them!
sriracha shrimp lettuce wraps
- 1 pound thawed shrimp; peeled, deveined, tail off
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 2 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup), divided
- 1 heaping cup thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 limes (one juiced and the other sliced into wedges)
- 6-8 whole butter lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup minced pinapple
- 1-2 avocados, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro, garish
In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, paprika, garlic powder, sea salt, black pepper, sriracha and 1 tablespoon honey. Mix until shrimp is well coated. Let marinate in the fridge while you prep the other ingredients (about 10-15 minutes).
Mix together cabbage slices, apple cider vinegar, remaining tablespoon of honey, and the juice of one lime. Toss to combine then set aside.
Lay your whole lettuce leaves onto plates. Mince or finely chop your pineapple, slice your avocado(s), roughly chop your cilantro, and slice your remaining lime into wedges.
Remove shrimp from fridge. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Pour the shrimp and all the sauce in the bowl onto the hot skillet. Cook shrimp about 2-3 minutes on each side.
Top lettuce wraps with shredded cabbage, avocado slices, sriracha shrimp, minced pineapple, and chopped cilantro. Serve with extra lime wedges and enjoy!
We made it to Thursday! The weekend is so close I can taste it! Got any fun plans planned?! Do tell. I’m joining friends for a happy hour this Friday because it’s Friday and wine not? See what I did there?! Lolz.
p.s. more “tacos” recipes here!!