Do you know what AF means?
Don’t fret! It took me longer than I’d like to admit to figure out what it means too… p.s. it means ‘as f**k’… so the title of this post is technically: juicy as f**k turkey burgers.
AND IT’S SUPER APPROPRIATE.
oh! and pardon my french.
Guys!!! These turkey burgers are seriously SO JUICY. I can’t get over it. I made them for dinner a couple weeks ago THEN made them for our lunch meal prep for the whole next week… OBSESSED. Literally obsessed.
What makes them so juicy?! I’ll tell ya!
Minced red onions, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper contribute to the flavor BUT the juicy factor is totally due to above guys.
Soooo uhh do you like turkey burgers?
I LOVE THEM. But I’m not much of a beef eater… plus lean ground turkey is so much healthier for you! I’d choose ground turkey over beef all day every day. Whoops. Though, I bet this recipe with ground beef instead of turkey would still yield a pretty dang juicy burger? Try it and report back!
Recipe time, okayyyy?
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup minced red onion (from 1/2 large red onion)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 3 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- hamburger buns
- toppings of choice like… lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, avocado, etc.
- Place avocado flesh in a large bowl then mash it with a fork until smooth. To the bowl, add minced red onion, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, cumin, mayo, sriracha, sea salt, and pepper then stir to combine. Add turkey and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon until mixture is completely incorporated (p.s. it will be pretty wet at this point - totally okay).
- Form turkey mixture into four even balls. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add turkey mixture balls to the pan, smashing them into patties using a spatula. Cook the patties until brown on both sides, 7-9 minutes per side.
Enjoy juicy AF turkey burgers with the toppings of your choice plus buns!!
Recipe is significantly adapted from Bon Appetit BUT they totally got me started on this juicy af turkey burger train... thanks BA!
p.s. more healthy dinner options here!